How I grew my Instagram from 0-36k
That interview is now up and I can tick another life goal off my list. You can listen here.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- The Instagram weekend hashtag project (the challenge Instagram share each weekend on their account for people to join in with, with features for the best. Check their account on a Friday evening/Saturday morning for the announcements.)
- Cultural sensitivity and handling social media backlash
- Choosing a theme and following a new direction
- Creating content specifically for Instagram as a growth strategy
- The importance of a social media following for getting a publishing deal
- Bookstagram as a marketing tool for the publishing industry
- The ways a specific theme can help make running an Instagram account easier
- The importance of targeting a specific and relevant audience for your future goals
- Judging books by their cover
- My Instagram class, The Insta Retreat, and how Bronte applied the lessons to grow her own account.
- The importance of a killer ‘top 9’
- The publishing industry’s slow incorporation of the world of social media
- The value of building your own audience, no matter what.
- Separating our self belief from our Instagram stats, and not sweating the posts that don’t hit the mark
- Photoshop, altered reality, and where it sits in the grand scheme of photography and creativity
- Sharing behind-the-scenes, to help people understand what goes into perfect or dreamy imagery, and ‘photoshop literacy’.